How Your Recliner Is Made
High Quality British Made Electric Riser Chairs For Help With Mobility
The Recliner Factory’s high quality British made chairs are manufactured in a purpose built factory situated in the heart of the West Midlands.
A key reason behind the decision to choose Brierley Hill as the location for our factory was its traditional links to the furniture industry, allowing us to draw on the wealth of skills and knowledge provided by the local workforce.
These are true craftsmen, building our recliners using the finest raw materials and time honoured methods of construction.
The end result is a piece of high quality furniture that will not only stand the test of time, but also provide the ultimate in support and comfort.
Steel chassis and wooden frame
- All our riser recliners start with the sturdy steel chassis which is constructed to the highest standards.
- Our craftsmen then hand-build the wooden framing of the chair, which is made from birch wood, ensuring a solid foundation right from the start of construction.
Tied springs and supportive cushioning
- Next comes the seat, which uses tied serpentine springs.
- Being ‘tied’ means the springs will stay in one place, which is important for ensuring maximum comfort and support.
- Some cheaper models use springs that are not tied – this allows them to move, the cushioning to sag and the seat to become uncomfortable over time.
- Once the seat and frame have been constructed, a layer of top industry standard foam is carefully fixed all over the chair to provide the ultimate in cushioning comfort.
- Naturally all foam used in Recliner Factory chairs meets all current fire and safety regulations.
Upholstery and assembly
- The process then moves to the cutting and sewing room, where the seat, back and arms of the chair are upholstered by our seamstresses.
- Their skill and experience really make the difference to producing a finish we are extremely proud of.
- All the components come together, with the finished upholstered sections being securely fixed to the lift and recline action.
- A thorough check over makes sure everything is working and the recliner is almost completed.
- The finishing touch is to add the easy-glide castors, fitted as standard on all Recliner Factory chairs, to make moving your chair effortless.